Monday, June 19, 2006

London Bloggers Unite!

Never before had I had a foodie weekend like the one I just had. On Friday I had to rush from Soho to London Bridge to help Toral with a class and dinner party that after much worry turned out good. It was a super long night so after a lie in on Saturday it was off to a Birthday blogmeet thrown by Johanna (Passionate Cook) and Jeanne (Cook Sister). I will be honest and admit that because I wasn't sure what to expect when meeting up with people I had never met at someone's house that I'd never been to, I needed a wingman as back up and when a foodie friend couldn't make it, I roped in The Boy (much to his bother).

We nibbled on tasty canapes including Baby Potatoes with Wasabi Creme Fraiche and Caviar (considering I'm not a huge fan of caviar, this was a surprise); Proscuito wrapped Figs (something I could nibble on anytime); Mint, Olive, Melon and Feta Skewers (lovely on a hot day) and one of my all time faves, Gazpacho served in tall shot glasses. The grande finale was a chocolate fountain- something I previously found to be an odd novelty and wondered why people didn't just do fondue- but will now admit that once that chocolate gets flowing, it's kinda fun to watch and beats losing your fruit in a fondue pot. I patiently stood and waited for the men in white (The Boy and Andrew from Spittoon) to get chocolate drippings on themselves.

I started the day with some nerves but left happy that I had made to effort to leave my cosy pocket in London and make some new friends. Even The Boy enjoyed it- the ultimate stamp of approval in my book!

If you want to check out the scrumptious photos that Andrew took click here.

If you want to check out the blogs of my fellow canape chomping crew, here's the guest list (I can't remember all the names so I apolgise now):

Hostesses with the mosteses-
Johanna - The Passionate Cook
Jeanne - Cook Sister

Andrew - Spittoon Extra
Pille - Nami Nami
Anna - Baking for Britain
June - Bread,water, salt, oil
Amy - Cooking with Amy
Christina - The Thorngrove Table
Shayna(?) - Owlfish

3 comments:

Clare said...

Oh Xoch, I'm sooo sorry that I had to miss it. It sounds amazing. I did think of you though whilst in France, sipping a glass of chilled rose!

Jeanne said...

Hi Xochitl

Oh my.... that picture just brings back yummy memories!! It was great to meet you on Saturday and I'm looking forward to seeing you again at the Henley picnic!

Pille said...

Xochitl - it was lovely meeting you and The Boy in London! Great close-up of the chocolate fountain as well:)